These agencies are listed for informational purposes only, ASOC does not endorse the organizations listed.
Adult Living Workbook
Getting My Own Address| Created in cooperation with Community Housing Network, this guide offers a step by step process towards independence.
Adult Living Organizations
- ADA| Free consulting service that provides information about job accommodations, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and the employability of people with disabilities.
- Angel's Place| homes and services for men and women with developmental disabilities.
- On My Own| helps teenagers and adults with mild developmental disabilities become independent, social and contributing members of the community
back to the top
- ASC-US, nonprofit organization providing information and support to individuals, families and professionals dealing with Asperger Syndrome, Nonverbal Learning Disabilities (NLD), and related neurologically-based social & communication disorders on the high-functioning end of the autism spectrum
- Autism Medical Center, AMC views autism behavior and other developmental disorders as manifestations of a physiological disturbance that needs attention, correction and restoration
- Autism National Committee (AUTCOM), Autism advocacy organization dedicated to "Social Justice for All Citizens with Autism" through a shared vision and a commitment to positive approaches
- Autism Resources, information and resources on the developmental disability, Autism Autism, site for children & teen audience
- Doug Flutie Foundation, funding for services for financially disadvantaged families who need assistance caring for their children with autism
- Everyday Miracles, non-profit parent led, community-based support network designed to strengthen, empower and inform families and communities about children with autism
- Liane Holiday Willey's ASPIE, Liane's safe and enjoyable virtual hang out for those interested in learning and sharing about Asperger's Syndrome
- MAAP Services, nonprofit organization dedicated to providing information and advice to families of more advanced individuals with Autism, Asperger's syndrome, and Pervasive developmental disorder
- Mayo Clinic Autism Information Medical Training Autism Resources
- O.A.S.I.S., Asperger's Syndrome Information and Support
- TEACCH, information about TEACCH and articles about autism by TEACCH professionals
- Tony Attwood, MD., current information on Asperger's Syndrome from the world's leading expert
Back to the top